Sunday, August 13, 2017

Princess Super Kitty

Princess Super Kitty. Antoinette Portis. 2011. HarperCollins. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There are girls who are regular girls. But not me. I have ears and a tail. Because today I am a kitty! When Mom says, "Maggie," I say Meow." That means "I am a kitty, not a Maggie." Kitties are cuter than regular people.

Premise/plot: Maggie is an oh-so-lovable heroine. On this day, she is a kitty, a super hero, a princess, and a mermaid. We also catch glimpses of her family in this one. Cover to cover this one is adorable.

My thoughts: I think I know a Maggie. No, I know I KNOW a Maggie. I really love this one. I think my favorite illustration is of Super Kitty rescuing the baby. I think my favorite line is, "A Princess Super Kitty is someone you obey."

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: